January 1, 2015

Overcoming the roller coaster of 2014.

This year has been full of  disappointments, heartache, loneliness, fear, depression, lies, distrust, losing friends, hate, anger, sickness, and countless of closed doors.  Just so many let downs in 365 days. BUT on the other hand this year has been full of joys, love, peace, growth, thankfulness, new friends, happiness, opening of new doors, direction, purpose, and blessings. We had many ups and many downs in 2014. But there was one constant through all the ups and downs - that is the grace and mercy of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ!

We have gone through so much this year. As I look back, I can see all the bad things we have gone through. What I have learned through the years is that there is no bad thing you go through that the Lord will not use for good. I will be the first to admit that when I am in the middle of darkness I can not see the bright side of the mess I'm in.  BUT the Lord is always by my side!

In Deuteronomy 31:6 it says
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid of terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you.

and Deuteronomy 4:31
For the LORD your God is a merciful God; He will not abandon or destroy you...


Last year I saw a friends post about picking a word motto each year. When I read that, the first word that came to my mind was Faith. I thought it was such a great word that i decided to take on Faith as my word motto for 2014. Little did I know at that time but it took a whole lot of faith to get through this last year. My faith in God is what kept me strong and got me through 2014. If my faith lacked, 2014 would have been the absolute worst year of my life.

The Lord showed me that through all the highs and lows of 2014 that I needed to surrender everything to Him. By doing that I showed my faith. Yes, giving up is the easiest thing I can do. Many times I was ready to throw in the towel and walk away. But what would I gain from that? Nothing good! Putting my faith in God took a lot of hard work on my end to surrender all my future, friendships, problems, worries and my marriage to my Heavenly Father. Having the burden of fixing all of this on my own was so heavy. The Lord showed me that it was not mine to carry.

1 Corinthians 2:5
Your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God's power.

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all ways acknowledge Him, and he will make straight your paths.

SO 2015, I do not know what you are going to bring. But I am SOOO excited for you to come. I will welcome you gladly! I know you are going to bring some good and some bad. So come, open your doors! I am ready for you because this year I choose JOY!!!





Dear Heavenly Father,
I want to thank you for growing my faith this past year. I thank you for all the dark times I had to face. In those moments it was so hard and I was so hurt but thank you! I have all the faith in you to know that you have and will be using it to mold me and using it to reach and help others. You showed me that I will be failed by everyone around me even myself. But You my Lord will always be here for me and you will never let me down.
Lord, show me the Joy that you have for me in 2015. Help me reach a new level of joy in You! Help me to have joy in the good times and most importantly in the bad times. I love you with all my heart and thank you for everything!
In Jesus name I pray
Amen

If you decide to pick a word motto what is it going to be?  I would like to pray for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment