June 14, 2014

Overcoming Fear

I have felt many times the LORD calling me to do something for His glory.  Many times have I failed Him. And many times have I thought ‘Who is missing out on the Lord’s blessing that I have to give them’.
Just call me a BIG Chicken! “What am I so afraid of” you ask?

I guess you can call it the fear of being judged and just wanting to give up and run away. I was so worried of what others thought of me. For many years I lived with this shadow of fear clouding my soul keeping me 
from giving others their blessings.

By me showing this fear so many times, you might question “what is the center of my thoughts”. Myself? 
Others? How about the devil's lies he kept feeding me? Yep! I think all of the above is correct!

The LORD has sent many people into my life, the two most important being my Grandmother and Uncle (more on them in another Blog). But also someone else who lifted me up and encouraged me, who fanned the fire of my passions, who saw my pain and suffering so that I could be healed from my past, and a pastor who saw my need for a mentor and sent one my way. I am reminded of a verse in Titus 2

“Older women likewise… are to teach what is good and so train young woman to love their husbands and children.  To be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their husbands that the word of God may not be reviled.”

This verse, along with my mentors, have been a great encouragement in me overcoming my fears.  And I feel that it is important for you to do the same.

Now, on the other side, the devil has sent people to tear me down and destroy me. And most of them claim to be Christians! Can you believe it?  Some of them distracted me, some of them emotionally hurt me, and some tried to tell me what the LORD’s will and plan for me were.  Others wouldn’t tell me directly.  Instead they would talk behind my back and I would still hear about it through the grape vine. And all of this hoopla leads me to think, ‘you’re not a leader, teacher or encourager. You need to fix yourself before you can help 
others’. 1 Peter 5:8 says:
    
            “The devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour”

The devil can devour you in many ways: mentally, emotionally, physically.  Let me tell you, I was a little, lost lamb sitting in the middle of a field with a sign that said “Free Lunch”. Then I was reminded of the Psalms 
23:1-4

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me by beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for His name sake. Even thought I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; and your rod and staff they comfort me”.

Also 1 Thessalonians 3:3

                “But the LORD is faithful. He will establish you and guard you against the evil one”

The Lord is with me at all times, protecting me and guiding me, and He has a divine plan for my life.
Now let me ask you, “Who are these people or even myself to tell me who I am? I AM WHO GOD SAYS I AM! (Believing God By Beth Moore) NOT who I or anyone else says I am!
You may feel the same way as I feel and are afraid of what people think or even yourself. You are your worst critic. In Deuteronomy 3:22

                “Do not be afraid of them; the LORD your God himself will fight for you”

And once again in Exodus 14:14

                “The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.”

WOW! That’s it? Just be still? It sounds so simple, doesn't it? Why is it so hard for us to be still and not fight our own battles? We grow weary everyday because we try to win our battles for ourselves and our own ways.  Well, that is impossible to do without our LORD and Savior. Impossible. Deuteronomy 33:27 says

The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms. He will drive out your enemies before you, saying, 'Destroy them!

You are loved very much by your Savior and likely by many others. It took a down fall in my life to see the loving people the LORD has strategically put in my path. It does not have to be the same for you. The LORD wants you to use the people He has strategically put in your path. So open your eyes, be encouraged, be lifted up, be mentored, and let the devil know his lunch isn't free anymore.

My Prayer for You

Dear Lord, You tell us to take refuge in you and you will fight our battles. I pray that you will open the heart and eyes of the ones reading this that they will seek your will and not their own. You tell us in 2 Timothy 1:7 that you did not give us the spirit of timidity but the spirit of power and love. I pray that this person will overcome their fear, whatever it may be. And the power to overcome this fear comes from you. You tell us in John chapters 15 &16 that the world will hate us but the world hated your Son first and in this world we will have trouble but we may have peace knowing that your Son has overcome the world. I pray that you will light their path and protect them from the evil one. I pray that their hearts be set on fire for you and that you would put someone in their life to fan the fire like you did for me.
In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment